Planning the drainage around a new Home
Building a new home can be very expensive, which is why it’s important to plan every aspect of the design and construction carefully.
It’s crucial that you undertake detailed planning for the plumbing system you install in your new home, as it involves an incredibly complex network of pipes, valves, appliances, drainpipes and other fittings and accessories.
As your plumbing system is very complicated, it’s also one of the costliest systems to repair in your home, if it hasn’t been planned correctly.
While your plumbing plan outlines all facets of your plumbing system, it is essential for installing drainage, to ensure it meets Victorian plumbing standards.
What makes your drainage system so important to your new home build?
A drain-waste-vent system channels dirty water and waste through to your sewer or septic tank.
If installed effectively, it removes waste water and sewage from bathtubs, showers, sinks, toilets and all of your appliances using water, such as your washing machine and dishwasher.
The vent system is connected to your drain waste piping, efficiently ventilating sewage gases from your home. If your drainage or septic system is blocked, leaking or damaged, it can cause major issues around your home.
Why is a plumbing plan vital for new home drainage?
To avoid problems with drainage in your new build, following a plumbing plan means the installation goes more smoothly. Some of the many benefits of working to a plumbing plan for new home drainage include:
• No mistakes are made on the fittings, pipes, septic system and accessories used as these are outlined in the plan.
• It ensures the drainage system is sufficient for the household’s requirements, to avoid future issues with rising damp or blockages with drainage due to the capacity of wastewater and sewage flowing through it.
• The layout of your drainage is outlined so you know it fulfils Victorian building code standards.
• It saves issues with other areas of construction, as builders can check the plumbing plans before beginning building, to avoid damaging or obstructing drainage.
• There is less likely to be mistakes made with drainage system installation as the layout and materials are all highlighted in the plumbing plan.
• It helps with future landscaping and any works around your home, as the drainage system is outlined.
A plumbing plan ensures your new home construction is seamless
By having your plumber design a plumbing plan highlighting the drainage around your new build, it helps all the other tradespeople on-site, such as your electrician and builder, as it identifies where the system is located, avoiding issues arising when they are completing their installations.
If you’re building a new home and are looking for a plumber you can trust to create a plumbing plan and undertake your new installation for you, contact Express Plumbing today.
With extensive industry knowledge and expertise in plumbing plans and residential plumbing installations, we will ensure your plumbing and drainage system is suitable and installed correctly for you and your family’s needs.